Is this washer drain ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevz

Reaction score
Well had some another plumber come out, 2 guys.. They said it should have more venting and he suggested cutting into that stand pipe above the floor and branching out and adding in an autovent to fix that problem. I asked about the trap under the floor and he didn’t think that was a problem at all. He looked at everything and said it would be fine.

Should I keep looking for a new plumber until someone sees that as a problem as well?

And the way he suggests adding in the autovent, is that the correct way? For some reason I thought it was added to the long pipe under the floor.

Thanks again

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

The riser pipe from the floor is "open" to the atmosphere so it doesn't need an "autovent" nor would it have any effect on the installation. ANY vent has to be after the trap which means it would be into the horizontal pipe if the trap is not relocated above the floor.

Kevz

Reaction score
Hah, well I guess we scratch that plumbing company off the list too. I even asked if it should be on the long horizontal drain and he said something about it being above the trap. And even made me a drawing of how he would install it.. All above the floor, just coming off the riser with a autovent.

Guess I will try to ask around if anyone knows another one until one finds the problem and has a correct solution without me saying anything.

Sad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks