Is this fair pricing for Fujitsu mini splits

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucky

Reaction score
Got ballpark estimate of 18 to 19K for (12K, 9K, 9K cassette and 7K wall unit Fujitsu) . I believe the one outside unit will be 24 (12 plus 9 unit) and the other will be 18 (9 plus 7 units) . contract is being written up and hopefully early next week ill see it. due to house design the kitchen/DR units will be hooked up to an outside unit that is immediately to the right of the exterior kitchen door. which is in front of my existing wall unit. I don't use my back yard so don't really care but I don't know how to close up a permastone wall. any suggestions? also I'm gonna buy a mini fence around each unit to protect from my lawn guy. his mower broke crawlspace window of mine so I want to protect the units from any discharge. this is also in full southern sun for hours a day but nothing i can do. should I be worried? I'm in PA.

The 12K will cool the LR and DR. he's putting the cassette in the DR and facing it closer to the LR. I have a large open archway for air flow. kitchen has standard 30 inch door so needs its own 9K in it (it's full southern facing). currently 12K wall units are in the LR and kitchen. on all but the hottest days what i do is crank up the kitchen wall unit and put a fan in the doorway and it cools the DR and LR as well. I hate the LR wall unit since it's right at my head so rarely use it. so I'm 100 confident a 12K will do the DR and LR. he's putting the cassette far enough back from the arch to get airflow.

I have 12K units in the bedroom walls. very oversized but its what came with the house. he's putting 9k cassette in the master and 7K wall in the unused 2nd bedroom.

Long wiring runs and lotta joist cutting involved. I know this is time and effort just wanna make sure it's not too unreasonable. the guy lives and breathes this stuff and was very good at his 5 hour visit the other day. he said 4 guys in 2 days can install it. also in my attic I have 2x10 joists which he said is overbuilt and good because not much of the cassette will be above the floor. he said about a 3 ft x 1 ft box will rise up about 8 inches from the floor for the DR cassette. that part of attic is tongue and groove full height walk in. but nonetheless it will be an obstruction literally in the middle of the floor but its just storage for my junk and not a biggie. its about 1000 sq ft of floor so plenty of room! the drain will run partially in full view then join behind a wall with the kitchen unit.

The other 2 cassettes will be in your typical unfloored attic with the pink insulation visible. but a bit harder access due to sloping and kneewalls. he has to cut out the joist to make room for the cassettes of course and described bolting wood to the top of the remaining joists around the hole so its supported before he cuts the joist to make room for the cassette.

But 19K still is a lot of banks to rob to stay cool. I'm curious what you paid for your setup/number of units etc. it's a local chain that I've used for appliances in the past and i liked their service so do feel totally comfortable with their work. which is a huge plus of course.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Got ballpark estimate.......But 19K still is a lot of banks to rob to stay cool. I'm curious what you paid for your setup/number of units etc. it's a local chain that I've used for appliances in the past and i liked their service so do feel totally comfortable with their work. which is a huge plus of course.
I have no experience with mini spilts but from what I'm reading the last sentence is very important. Though mini's and central air units are very reliable for many years, problems can come up. Able to get warranty work, repairs and service without hassles is a comfort for many. All too often guys buy mini splits on line and when they have problems, no one will do any warranty work. Using a local company that has been in business for a long time is a good indicator that they'll be around. Many of these companies have distributor rights to the units they sell which will give them access for parts and reimbursements for warranty work.

My take on Mimi's is they have a place in a home for the right situations but having exposed units up on a wall is a turn off for me. Of course every home is the south has central air when homes are built so all things are pretty much hidden. My son's house right up the street added a mini split for his office since it was a room too far from the central air and not possible to run a larger duct for better air flow. It is a perfect situation for one. Another is they are very efficient and essential built in zone control. Central air you're cooling the entire home.

Price wise it is nearly impossible to know if it is a good price since cost varies in every part of the country.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks