Is this disposal plumbed right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steveg91

Reaction score
Hi Folks, anything wrong with this installation? Cuz it's missing the 90 coming out of the diposal, is that ok?

Thanks, :)
Steve

Attachments

• Picture 033 (Small).jpg
    Picture 033 (Small).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 392

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Straight out is not the preferred method, but is acceptable. Your setup is NOT acceptable, because that is not a baffle tee, or at least it does not appear to be, so waste would shoot straight across. If it IS a baffle tee, then it would be OK.

Steveg91

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo, it is a baffle tee. I had to check it too!

The pipe going into the disposal is just cut off and slipped in, should it / can it be different..like a tailpiece?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
it should have a flange and gasket on it. I don't like that set up even if it is a baffled tee.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If the connection doesn't leak, I don't think I would lose sleep over it. The gasket may be squeezed just fine. As others mentioned, it is designed for a flanged tail piece, which if nothing else added mechanical strength against pull out.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
What's that duct tape doing on there? Covering electrical connections? Not good.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't like center outlet wastes because they are too wobbly. I prefer the end outlet. That said, I don't see anything technically wrong with the setup. And if it doesn't wobble and come loose, bonus!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
duct tape

He may be a television producer and is used to covering up any brand names or lables that have not paid for the advertising. Therefore he taped over the ISE identification. The electrical connections are on the bottom.

Steveg91

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's not a tailpiece. I'll change it.
What other type of setup would be better? Is a drawing or picture possible???

Thanks again,
Steve

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
My house and what I typically see is like this:
<thanks for the image SewerRatz>

KitchenDrain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks