Is this a problem....?

Users who are viewing this thread

D C

Reaction score
Had to share this....
My brother lives in a 1960s ranch, municipal water & sewer. Little known about the history before he bought it <2 years ago, except that it's been 'remodeled' and has a basement bathroom and laundry and plumbing issues.

We were over there at thanksgiving and he was talking about slow drains, the sewer pipe sometimes bubbling up into his basement utility room drain, and 'gurgling'.

He was showing me the laundry room and I found this:
Vertical: Laundry tub
Back: Washer drain
Side: Bathroom sink

Laundry.jpg

Where's the vent?
"I don't think there is one"
Basement is finished, so I couldn't easily trace anything.

After Thanksgiving, he proceeded to remove the basement bathroom shower to see what was under there, since it seemed to be around the area where backups were being caused.
Yes, 4" (from kitchen, utility room, and basement toilet side) feeding into a 2" PVC (that's the basement shower coming in) and then back out to a 4".

Shower.jpg

Nawww... that can't possibly be a problem.

He's decided to call a plumber.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Your picture is amazing as it could be used on a journeymen's test asking to note all the errors that are seen.....

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your brother lives in the jungle somewhere in South America?

and more of those soldered on angle/straight stops

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks