Is this a correct application of a low-heel fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pat G.

Reaction score
Picture is oriented as is reality (i.e. top of photo is "up") and my local code is IPC.

IMG_4289.jpg

3" vertical pipe flows down to sewer
1.5" coming out the top of the fitting will go to drain for a lav that will be vented to the main vent
3" outlet will serve the rest of the bathroom and a kitchen sink, ending in a 3" vent to the roof that is the main vent).

I can't seem to find good info on whether this is a correct use of the low-heel fitting. Advice?

For the 1.5" outlet, can I use a 90 degree elbow to go from horizontal to vertical or should I use 2 x 45's to reduce the direction change? I know you usually can't use a 90 for the wet portion of the system, but since this is transition to the main drain I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is a santee fitting, and it's correct in the vertical position with the small end on the high side.
Vertical to horizontal , long turn 90 or two 45's.
Horizontal to vertical, a medium 90 will do.

I don't see how the other fixtures are being vented yet, just keep in mind that that they will need to be vented also.

lo-heel-inlet-332.jpg

Last edited:

Pat G.

Reaction score
Thanks, all! All fixtures have their own vents (except wet vented shower) that ultimately go to a 3" vent going through the roof. This site has been invaluable!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks