Is there a special shut-off for higher than WH temp water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tbbarch

Reaction score
I'm looking at a building heating system that puts out 175 degree F hot water for supplying fan coils. I am replacing the fan coil and have found the existing valves are not holding 100% anymore.

Is a special 1/2" shut-off used for an installation at such temperature or will "common" copper shut-offs operate at that temperature without issues?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A ball valve should work. The plastic coated handle might also be a bit easier. While it will still get hot, not as hot as the metal handle of a typical gate valve's, and, it closes and opens a lot quicker. The PTFE seals commonly found on a ball valve should wear better than a rubber washer in a typical valve, if you don't use a gate valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks