Is there a shower head that won't drip

Users who are viewing this thread

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score

I have a American Standard R1400 Shower Valve. I have rebuilt this a couple of times. This time I am still having a small drip come through my shower head. I do not want to take it apart at this time because I struggled to put it together last time because of a gasket issue. I know they sell shower heads with a shut off valves built in. I prefer to not use one of those at this time. Does anyone know of a show head or type of shower head that won't allow small drips to go through? I see some shower heads on Amazon that say they are high pressure and they are anti clog and anti leak. I have not bought one of these yet but I figured I would ask here first before I bought any more. Thank you, Bob​

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score

I have a American Standard R1400 Shower Valve. I have rebuilt this a couple of times. This time I am still having a small drip come through my shower head. I do not want to take it apart at this time because I struggled to put it together last time because of a gasket issue. I know they sell shower heads with a shut off valves built in. I prefer to not use one of those at this time. Does anyone know of a show head or type of shower head that won't allow small drips to go through? I see some shower heads on Amazon that say they are high pressure and they are anti clog and anti leak. I have not bought one of these yet but I figured I would ask here first before I bought any more. Thank you, Bob​

If water is coming through your valve a shower head won't keep it from flowing. If your valve isn't holding, the water is coming through it at whatever pressure you normally have. A shower head that can hold back 40 to 60 psi would be something to see and not very useful. So I think a valve is the only thing that will work for you. If you were to get a valve for the shower arm and you keep it shut for a period of time, the pressure will build to normal line pressure and it will spurt water out when you go to open it.

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
John, I replaced the pieces involved with the inside and it still has a very small drip already. I can get the drip be very slight the more pressure I put on the handle. It is not a stream of water it is a slight drip. I am not sure if the american standard R1400 has any adjustments on the inside to make rubber seals go into the seats further. Here is a link to a previous posting showing my shower diverter. It shows the guts to the diverter. Thanks, Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks