Is there a reason the check valve can't be located in the well house rather than at bottom of well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimpad

Reaction score
Seems to me the only problem would be if there's a leak in the downpipe which would allow water to drain from the leak down to the static level.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If the static level is lower than about 30 feet, the weight of the water column can draw a vacuum. On pump start, the water column will be super accelerated and slam into the check valve causing water hammer. The large inrush can also cause uplift on the volutes and grind them down.

Why do you even need to install a check valve? Do you not have one built into the pump?

Jimpad

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks.

It's just something I've wondered about in case it ever fails I was thinking I could just put one in at the surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks