Is there 1'' NPSM to 1'' NPT coupling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seiyafan

Reaction score
I need to connect one end of Phyn Plus (1'' NPSM male thread) to a 1'' pipe (either MPT or FPT would work). Does such coupling exist? Water meter coupling is usually 1'' NPSM to 3/4'' NPT, I could use that with a 3/4'' to 1'' adapter, but I wonder if this can be done with a single coupling. Thanks!

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not an expert on this, but Mueller's catalog does list 5/8x3/4x1 as an available size for their H-10871N straight meter coupling, that would be 3/4" meter size (1" NPSM) coupling x 1" MIP. Don't know how hard it would be to source.

I also wonder if a 1" corrugated stainless water heater connector would work. I would think the nuts and washers would mate as well with 1" NPSM as they do with 1" NPTM, but I haven't actually verified that.

Cheers, Wayne

Brandon Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks! I did google for the part, but most of what comes up is out of stock (like that Fastenal link). But after a bit more sleuthing I found this Ford part on Ferguson!

I think this should do it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks