Is my toilet tank too wobbly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich_777

Reaction score
Had to install new innards of my toilet water tank because the old one kept running water.

The tank wobbles as i put the seat cover up. Checked my bolts and one side isn't fully screwed in. But problem is, I have to screw the nut from inside the toilet tank because the bottom side is in a nook. Had the toilet tank with water yesterday and today and no evident leaks around toilet.

Checked on here to see that alot of others have similar problems. Saw a couple posts indicating that some toilet tanks wobble.

My girlfriend and I do not tend to lean on the back of the tank anyway, so should we care to tighten the nut on the one side?

If I must tighten, how do you figure i get to tighten the nut from the underside given the nook that it is in? (Used a 13mm wrench to hold the nut in place while I used a flat head screwdriver to turn the bolt from the top side, was a pain to do this when taking off old bolt and was a pain to do so when putting on new bolt).

My toilet is an Aquadis and the tank is two bolts.

Pictures:

rich_777-05.jpg

rich_777-06.jpg

rich_777-07.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
A ratchet socket wrench with extension and a deep socket might let you tighten. Don't over-tighten. I don't know what size socket that would be.

reach-socket-set.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich_777

Reaction score
A ratchet socket wrench with extension and a deep socket might let you tighten. Don't over-tighten. I don't know what size socket that would be.
Thanks Reach4. Got my girlfriends dad to come with his socket set. Hope he has the extention and proper socket.

If not, do you think it is okay to leave the toilet tank as is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
If it continues to not leak, I expect it is acceptable.

Rich_777

Reaction score
He came over with a deep socket 1/2 and got it done. Toilet is firm and steady now, no wobbles. Thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks