Is my submersible pump nearly finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Harley-thud

Reaction score
Cary, thanks for the reply and the response to my email. I haven't had a chance to respond to the email yet, but I will add a little info here.

The problem wasn't with the tank but with the water pressure gauge. It was actually a brand new gauge but it was reading 10 PSI too low. That made troubleshooting tougher, that's for sure. Things just weren't making sense. So after verifying that the air pressure in the tank was correct with two separate gauges, I determined that the water pressure gauge had to be bad. I put a new new water pressure gauge on the manifold, and now at about 35-55 PSI, that tank draws 6.2 gallons as it should.

Because the bad gauge fooled me into setting the pressure switch incorrectly, the system was actually working at 48-68 PSI. The pump still cuts out thermally and needs to be replaced, but I'm impressed that the tired old girl will still make 68 PSI.

-Dan
Hi Dan,

When you replace your pump, I would look at getting at least a 1 HP, 1/2hp is working too hard if in a well down 270 feet.
Just my .02 worth.
Good luck,

Ken

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

When you replace your pump, I would look at getting at least a 1 HP, 1/2hp is working too hard if in a well down 270 feet.
Just my .02 worth.
Good luck,

Ken
There is a lot more to selecting a pump than well depth vs HP. It also depends on the water depth, pressure tank, the well capability, and the needs, and maybe more. Did you understand that the OP posted that the problem is solved?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks