Is my plumbing diagram to code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Roger S

Reaction score
My house was built in 2014 and I'm finishing the basement. I'm having to redo the plumbing below the concrete slab because the existing rough ins aren't in the right place for my plan. I have a permit and my city uses the 2018 IPC.

The challenge I'm facing is that the concrete footing is limiting my options for running pipe up the back bathroom wall where the vent pipe that goes up to the roof is. The back bathroom wall will sit right above the footing which means I can't get under it to run pipe up through. The builder made one place in the footing with enough clearance to get under the back bathroom wall to run a pipe. This is the 2" pipe that runs up to the sanitary tee and then vents out the roof in my diagram.

Is my wet vent (from sanitary tee to the long sweep combo tee) legal per the 2018 IPC? I've been reading a lot online to figure it out and at this point the information in my head is a convoluted mess. My concern is it's not because the toilet is upstream of the bathtub. If the wet vent is not legal, I might be able to add a dry vent for the bathtub on the 3" pipe just downstream of where the bathtub drain enters it. Not sure if this solves my problem and it would mean drilling through a lot of studs to tie into the vent pipe illustrated in my diagram.

I suppose I could always move the bathroom out 4 or so inches so that the back wall isn't above the footing anymore, but that takes up valuable living space and I can't imagine there isn't another way.

I appreciate any help.

1673821532198.png

Roger S

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! This gave me the confidence to move forward.

Here's a couple pictures of the finished product ready for inspection.

0115232203~2_copy_977x1301_1.jpg

0115232204~2_copy_976x1302_1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks