is my new shower properly vented?

Users who are viewing this thread

tstrick4

Reaction score
I have two showers that share a common wall. I am installing a new shower in one of the bathrooms. I tried to draw the best picture I could...it's meant to be viewed as a "birds eye view". My question - can a shower and a tub share a common vent if it is between the two inside of the common wall as shown? If not, do you have any recommendations on how to properly vent this? Thank you!

Attachments

• new bathroom.jpg
    new bathroom.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 240
  • new bathroom.jpg
    new bathroom.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 234

tstrick4

Reaction score
For clarification - the small 1.5 inch vent goes vertical in the wall for about 3 inches and then runs horizontal to the 3inch vent that is between the toilets. That vent goes through my roof.

I am worried about the need for another vent on the 2" line between the tub and the junction that connects the 2" to the 3" main drain line. If upsizing the vent isn't an option, what could be the repercussions? Would just my shower or tub drain slowly?

tstrick4

Reaction score
HOW it is done determines whether it it proper or not and your drawing does NOT show that. Give us a side view.

Sorry, really struggled with how to draw it from the right perspective. For clarification - the only new plumbing will be the 2" line to the shower. Everything else is existing copper that is up to code. Ultimately my question is this - can my new shower and the existing tub share a common 1.5 inch vent if the vent is located in the wall between the two. The vent goes vertically in the wall for about 3 feet and then connects horizontally to the 3 inch vent to the roof.

If they cannot share the existing vent, how do you recommend venting both the new shower and the tub?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 187
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks