Is my diagnosis correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Total Newbie

Reaction score
I have a in floor heating system run by a Navion combi system that does my domestic hot water as well.

Recently, the temperature of the house has not reached what the thermostats are calling for.

Coming out of the boiler, the water is at 120°. It then runs through a taco circulating pump. There is a thermometer in line just past the pump and it is showing 75°.

The pump is running as it is hot and vibrating, but I’m wondering if it is clogged up and the water really isn’t getting pushed through.

Can anyone think that it could be anything else causing such a drastic temperature drop in one foot of copper pipe?

I barely know what I’m talking about so if I’m missing something completely, please feel free to pointed out.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most common thing preventing a pump from circulating water is Air. If your system is set up properly, your loops will have bleeder valves that you can dump water out of in order to get air out of the system that is trapped at the pump.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Water pressure in system with pump and boiler not running? Temp change not moving any water. Take a few pics of boiler and related piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks