Is Kohler losing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had a saga going on for over 6 months now between Home Depot and Kohler. I've got a 6' tub, and other than custom, there aren't many companies that make bypass glass doors that size. Kohler has one in their catalog that looked nice and was about a 1/4 of what a custom one would cost from most places I checked around here (new england). Well, Kohler didn't have one in stock, nor did any of the distributors, so I had them order it anyway. It has been nothing but excuses at Kohler - they set a delivery date (this is Kohler, not HD which has its own problems), and then break it. Their excuses range from they don't have the glass, their glass distributor can't get the glass, they don't have the extrusions, to they just haven't gotten to it. Has anyone else run into this run-around from them? After this is resolved, I'd never order or buy anything from them again. I should just cancel the order, but I just hate spending 2-4x as much for something. Course, I'd have had it and installed long ago, but I've been traveling a lot and it hasn't been that big of a problem other than the annoyance of an unfinished task.

Comments?

Plumguy

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned every company has "lost it" ever since they went public and turned their back on our industry!!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Sounds like you became a victim of something they "once" offered but no longer do, and they are stringing you along on the notion that you will finally give in and cancel. I did this with a radio combo/surround system. I took it to 3, yes 3 different places to have it fixed, all came back with a string-a-long attitude since they didn't want to deal with it. I personally would go for the customized install. That way the people are local, it is done to your satisfaction and the job is complete.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
kohler is junk

basically , Kohler changes their designs quite often

its like they think they are a " ladies fashion wear store"

and they got to come out each spring with new things to offer

the public, so if you see someting they had a while back, it might

not be available, or they simply dont want to go to all the trouble to

make a "slow mover"

the toilets and tubs have never been much of a problem to

get but their faucets are an absolute liveing hell to make repairs

for... Kohler has a parts book the size of the YELLOW PAGES

and its simply impossible to match up anything more than a few years old.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It seems to me ( but I am not positive) that Kohler only makes thing to order, meaning they do not carry inventory, especially of low-demand items. So, if you need an item that is not a common retail item, and one of the stocking distributors does not carry it or is out, you have to wait until the next time they set up the factory to run that part. It can be a long wait.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Kohler has given a delivery date numerous times and then failed to deliver...a lousy way to run a business. I was just wondering what experiences others have had, and to warn them that they cannot be relied upon to keep their promises...I'm out of town for the next 6 weeks...if it isn't there when I get back, I'll have to do something else.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Just got another call re the doors. Kohler broke their promise again...now they are saying the end of October.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
kohler

IT may be a variation of Kohler's tendency to announce a new product, and then not start producing it until they have enough orders to make it worthwhile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks