Is HansGrohe a good brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Neil.Steiner

Reaction score
My wife and I are having a contractor remodel a hall bathroom, and while shopping around I was introduced to Hansgrohe. As plumbers do you have thoughts and experience with the brand? Do you like working with it? Does it last well? Does the fact that the company is German make parts harder to find?

In particular, do you have any thoughts about (and I apologize if I get some of the terms wrong) their approach to shower valves/cartridges and their universal rough-in box?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I had problems with Hansgrohe I use Delta in my own home and for all my accounts

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Chevy, Toyota, BMW, or Audi?
I used to install a lot of Grohe (but heard they are a different company) But I really liked them the finish was great and were robust.
most of Delta , Moen, \Pfizter install real easy work well are cheap as heck and hold up reasonable, parts very available. but 10 years of hard use and if you are a type to want a beautiful home you're probably ready to toss it out and replace. Not 15 20 years in trying to repair it.
I have clients that pay 600 hundred for a faucet or 60. A lot of people aren't putting cheap stuff in their homes . I love the old brass in old homes but not much of today's has the same charm to me that I'd want to rescue or spend money on.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
When I could not decide on Toyota (Lexus ) LS AWD or a BMW 760 I (M) Sport package I bought both

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hansgrohe is a high end unit with good quality. Problem is if parts (i.e. cartridges or O rings) ever need to be replaced you won't find them at big box stores but at authorized plumbing suppliers or buy online if you plan to do the repairs yourself. My own recent bathroom remodeling we had Delta sink and shower/tub faucets (Victorian model) installed and the quality of the fit and finish was very impressive. Good warranty, parts available almost everywhere at reasonable cost.

Last edited:

Themp

Reaction score
Our Delta pull down kitchen faucet has always been flaky because of the Diamond cartridge linked here:

https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts-product-detail?modelNumber=RP50587

They only seem to last now 1-2 years at most. Either they leak, drip, or squeak. I called a few months ago to get a replacement cartridge and they said that they will only replace them every 5 years now. And I was on record of 2+ years for my last one. My neighbor just had a new bathroom put in and used Grohe fixtures. Grohe is a family member that started his own company from Hansgrohe. Both German. I decided to give it a try and ordered a Grohe Lady Lux kitchen faucet:

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pu...et-Triple-Spray-175-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-32298003

I installed the above about a week ago. First problem is that the spray head drips at times. It holds a lot of water when off and whatever causes it, it decides to siphon. So, you get a slow drip for a few minutes. I have not been able to figure out what triggers it. It is not leaking at the cartridge as the dripping stops over time. Next at low flow the head buzzes. It annoys the wife. I am hard of hearing, so I have to put my ear to the spray head to hear it. Here is a link to the noise:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muxufwi7g7j6gi1/IMG_4017.MOV?dl=0

I have emailed customer service at Grohe, and am waiting on a response at this point. The good points of the faucet is that it has a really good temperature control. It also produces a water stream that is not aerated, it is crystal clear(maybe that is why it buzzes). Was it worth 400+ dollars. I would say no at this point.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I never had a problem contacting Delta for replacement parts (FREE)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never had a problem contacting Delta for replacement parts (FREE)

Me either Sylvan no problem. In fact contacted them yesterday for my 3rd or fourth FREE cartridge on the kitchen ceramic. Actually now that I think of it they aren't that good they don't last, and anyone that has this popular series knows that it takes a bit of a conscious effort to get the handle turned off properly to avoid a drip. but my cartridge leaked dripping down on counter . I had a spare so don't have to wait the 10 days to fix it. I'm really cheap so love the free stuff but usually need a cartridge I'm not waiting 10 days. I've had and seen many faucets go a decade or more but not these Deltas they are super easy to fix though and parts at any hardware for 30 bucks. So much better than a 25 cent washer that lasts 5 years ha ha but wife likes it so whatever. Just My experience Easily serviceably but Delta kitchen cartridge so so not great. Kind of like everyone used to like the die hard battery because they could get a free replacement every year or whatever. How about one that doesn't need replacement so often?

Themp

Reaction score
Our Delta pull down kitchen faucet has always been flaky because of the Diamond cartridge linked here:

https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts-product-detail?modelNumber=RP50587

They only seem to last now 1-2 years at most. Either they leak, drip, or squeak. I called a few months ago to get a replacement cartridge and they said that they will only replace them every 5 years now. And I was on record of 2+ years for my last one. My neighbor just had a new bathroom put in and used Grohe fixtures. Grohe is a family member that started his own company from Hansgrohe. Both German. I decided to give it a try and ordered a Grohe Lady Lux kitchen faucet:

https://www.grohe.us/Single-Hole-Pu...et-Triple-Spray-175-GPM/GROHE-CHROME-32298003

I installed the above about a week ago. First problem is that the spray head drips at times. It holds a lot of water when off and whatever causes it, it decides to siphon. So, you get a slow drip for a few minutes. I have not been able to figure out what triggers it. It is not leaking at the cartridge as the dripping stops over time. Next at low flow the head buzzes. It annoys the wife. I am hard of hearing, so I have to put my ear to the spray head to hear it. Here is a link to the noise:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muxufwi7g7j6gi1/IMG_4017.MOV?dl=0

I have emailed customer service at Grohe, and am waiting on a response at this point. The good points of the faucet is that it has a really good temperature control. It also produces a water stream that is not aerated, it is crystal clear(maybe that is why it buzzes). Was it worth 400+ dollars. I would say no at this point.

Grohe customer service responded to my email on the buzzing sound and is sending me out a new spray head. So, from a customer service standpoint they are very responsive in my opinion.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My wife picked it out and YES it does drip is the handle is not exactly in the right position. Delta did send and extra cartage just in case

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
RP50587 that's it diamond I've got 3 of them on my shelf that are bad been replaced at the house I think my lavs and showers hold up better.
Niel stiener I think the HansGrohe is fine

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks