Is basement bath rough in properly vented?

Users who are viewing this thread

zoom216

Reaction score
I'm trying to determine if the shower in our roughed in basement bath requires its own vent before I finish the framing of the rest of the basement. In the attached photo, taken before our house was finished, you can see the connections for the sink, toilet and shower which are now underground. The connection for the sink T's off the pipe in the left side of the photo and then the pipe continues up to connect to the rest of the venting system for the home. Is this vent sufficient to support these three fixtures?

Attachments

• basement plumbing.jpg
    basement plumbing.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 225

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Disconnect the shower drain from the 3" drain and attach it to the 2" lavatory drain and you won't need a shower vent and everyone will be happy.

zoom216

Reaction score
Disconnect the shower drain from the 3" drain and attach it to the 2" lavatory drain and you won't need a shower vent and everyone will be happy.
The photo was taken during construction. This is under several inches of concrete now. Sounds like a dedicated vent would be easier than busting up the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks