Irrigation valve will not open

Users who are viewing this thread

Danburch73

Reaction score
Hello All, Hoping for a little help!!

I have 3 valves for my irrigation system, 2 are fine, however one is driving me insane!! The whole top of the valve is new, including the solenoid. I can get the sprinklers on by opening the bleeder. The solenoid hums when the controller tries to open it but no water to the sprinklers. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Dan

Flapper

Reaction score
Check to see if the path is not blocked, and make sure you have a good electric connection to the solenoid.

Danburch73

Reaction score
I would have to say that there is no blockage since I can get the zone on by opening the bleeder screw. I re-did the electrical connections and still the same result, buzzing from the solenoid, (which is new) and nothing to the sprinklers. I'm very confused, at a total loss on this.

Thanks again, Dan

Reaction score
If the entire top of the valve is new and the solenoid is humming I'd suspect that it wasn't put together correctly. You might try turning off the water to the system and taking the top off the valve to see if everything is positioned correctly. I replaced a diaphragm on a valve and was told it had to fit a specific way, with one of the holes below the solenoid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks