Irrigation Pump help!

Users who are viewing this thread

busterheyman

Reaction score
I have a 2" sand point down about 35". Water level is at 26" I am using a Sta-rite 1 1/2 HP Horizontal multi-stage jet/centrifugal pump (Model HMSF). This is a single pipe system with 30' of 1 1/4" pipe into the 2" Casing.

I installed the system about 4 years ago and I was getting a flow of about 12 gpm. Water level was at 26'. This year when I started up the system I am only getting about 5-6 gpm.

So far this is what I have tried:

1. I have pulled up the interior pipe and replaced the entire jet assembly/leathers. (Still only 5-6 gpm)
2. I rebuilt the interior of the pump. Impellers/wear rings/gaskets were all replaced. (Still only 5-6 gpm)

I am not sure as to what to do next?

My sprinkler systems was setup using a 12 gpm flow and now it doing a very poor job.

Help!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I assume you mean the Leathers on the Single Pipe Jet. Right?

That's a lot of Pump for that kind of water level and well size. That is one of Sta-Rite's most expensive Pumps and the two Impeller design is for deeper water levels. Like 60 foot plus. The extra Impeller in your situation is hindering water flow instead of helping it. Nonetheless, you have already discovered that you rebuilt the Jet and Pump for nothing. Now is time to look at the Well. That is your problem. Either the screen is plugging up, or the water level has dropped.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Nobody said it would be easy.

Is this Sand Point out the end of the two inch pipe or attached to the end of it?

bob...

busterheyman

Reaction score
The sand point is an extension of the two inch pipe.

Would turning the two inch and running a garden hose down it do the trick?

Speedbump

Reaction score
So your saying it's a two inch point screwed to the bottom of the two inch pipe?

No running a garden hose down the pipe won't help at all.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks