Irrigation on Traditional Well

Users who are viewing this thread

Collin E

Reaction score
I’m searching for a new house, and a couple of options are on well water, with irrigation systems. I know nothing about the well pumps in terms of capacity, same goes for the irrigation system. My parents house is on a well and they have a constant pressure system and an irrigation system. When the irrigation turns on, the pump maintains pressure. The houses I’ve looked at all have traditional wells with basic pressure switches. Can an irrigation system operate properly in this type of setting? Won’t it cause the pump to short cycle? These are all new construction homes, so I would assume the builder has stuff installed properly, but who knows.

Bannerman

Reaction score
A common pump & pressure switch system can be easily and economically converted to operate as a constant pressure system by simply adding a Cycle Stop Valve.

Forum moderator Valveman is the developer and manufacturer of CSVs. Watch the video at the site linked below for an explanation of how a CSV functions.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks