Irrigation layout help

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello. I recently bought the property next door to me. Im in the process of laying out an irrigation system for the additional property. I installed the system at my house about 9 years ago. The front yard layout lacks coverage now that it is larger than before so i need to fix it now that ill have the vibratory plow there. It is 48 by 48. With a Rain bird 5000 rotor i cant get more than a 35 ft radius without using a large nozzle which will use an excessive amount of water and require multiple zones. To get true head to head it looks like ill need 9 rotors, 3 rows of 3. I would put 1.5 gpm nozzles in the quarters and half circles and a 3 in the center. This is a solid plan however this is lot of heads in a small area. I would have to do this in 2 zones. Could I get away with doing a head in each corner and one in the center to pick up the slack in the area between the heads?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is always a hard call to make because not know what kind of pressure your dealing and whether its city water or a well pump. Is the 48x48 the lot size with a home or just the irrigation area? If it is a 48x48 watering area and with enough pressure 5 rotors would be more than enough, four may do the job. You can place the sprinklers half way from the corners. That will give you the coverage with four sprinklers and one zone.
If you increase the spray head size for more water and get the coverage, you can always back off on the time per zone. I live in Florida on a small lot 45x110 with a two story house. Irrigation is reclaimed water by the county water. The lot was configured with four zones! Two would work by the amount of pressure and flow I get. I only run each zone 10 or 15 minutes using pop ups sprinklers. In very dry time of the year I'll run the sprinklers twice a day but only allowed two days for watering. You can get irrigation design help at the HD web site. http://orbit.homedepot.com/

Reaction score
City water. Static pressure is 68. Dynamic is 55 to 60. 15 gpm. Even if u put a 3 gpm nozzle on the corners I'm still only hitting 40 ft max. Irrigated area is 48 x 48

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks