Irrigation check valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dustpol75

Reaction score
Hi. I have an existing irrigation system that I am working on. It is in a commercial building that houses a fitness center. The building has just undergone a complete interior renovation including the plumbing system.
A new double check valve has been installed at the water main feeding the gym. Since my irrigation line enters before the check valve it is protected . Do I need to add an additional check valve just for the irrigation branch?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes. The only place a double check is needed is on the irrigation line. I can't believe the city would even let you tee in before the double check. But to protect the fitness center you need another one on the irrigation line.

And don't forget that when a double check is added at the meter, an expansion tank is needed for the water heater. That is as long as the pump system doesn't already have a pressure tank that could double as an expansion tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks