Irrigation Booster Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Collin E

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just went on a walkthrough of a house on the market and looked in the utility room. The home has a traditional well system with a Large pressure tank and was at a pressure of 76 PSI. I’m assuming it’s a 60/80 pressure switch. The home also has a built in irrigation system that uses about 20 gpa of water with each zone having 6 heads. I don’t know the exact specs of the well system, but it had an in line booster pump for the irrigation. After doing some research, I can’t figure out what this is for. Why would this be needed. The house I’m currently in has a constant pressure well system that holds 70 psi with a very similar irrigation setup with the same sized/layout of yard, but we don’t need a booster.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the well pump will supply the volume and pressure needed, no booster is needed. If it does not, a larger well pump would be a better option than a booster pump. You can add a Cycle Stop Valve to the existing well pump and tank. The CSV will hold a constant 75 PSI. The CSV does the same constant pressure thing as your variable speed type pump without all the added expense and problems caused but the variable speed type system.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi all,.......The home also has a built in irrigation system that uses about 20 gpa of water with each zone having 6 heads. I don’t know the exact specs of the well system, but it had an in line booster pump for the irrigation...............
I assume you meant 20 GPM with 6 heads. That is a lot of water. Old school thought for irrigation is dump all the water you can and as far as the pressure allows. The industry has shifted away from that though unless you're a golf course. Not knowing the area trying to be covered per zone or the sprinkler type, usually you can reduce the GPM by changing out the sprinkler type (impact to rotors) or rotors sprinklers nozzles can be changed out that uses less water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks