Iron remover advice needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Royerm

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Here's my situation, I have an Iron remover from Culligan which does the job with my 4.8 PPM
of iron with the aerator setup. I need to get the valve cleaned about once a year as it gets dirty
and the flow really becomes a problem.
As I told the Culligan man, I really like the guy but ate the invoice that comes with it.

Not sure I can do the cleaning of that valve as I was watching him doing it...

Can another valve be used on that bottle????

Is there another valve that would be easier to maintained???? or that would not need such
a cleaning every year????

Regards...:confused:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could have another Culligan valve there and replace it when the time comes to change and then clean the one that came off the system.

If it is loading up within one year or so then most likely other valves will do the same in the same time, it is the nature of the way the iron is getting removed from your system.

How long does it take for him to clean the valve?

Royerm

Reaction score
Good idea, Is Culligan the only source for the valve????

I was wondering if a Fleck 5600 would do also???

It takes him about 1/2 hour, and I wish I felt comfortable enough to do it myself,
with the Fleck and the Operation Manual I would be more at ease.

Thx again.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the Culligan goes onto the tank with two legs then it is only the culligan valve that will fit the tank and no other valve.
The fleck 5600 would not be a good one for that ,,, no way of changing any of the times with in the cleaning cycle like the 2510.

Royerm

Reaction score
is this what you mean with the two legs??????

Attachments

• CIMG0444 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0444 (Small).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 506

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are the two legs, or the in and the out for that valve body and the part that screws into the tank.
The other is that the tank has "Their threads" they are squared off not like the pipe thread that most other tanks use.

So even if you had another valve, fleck, autotrol or clack.. it would not screw into the top of the tank like the culligan adapter that is between the valve and the tank.

Royerm

Reaction score
Ok, so unless I change tanks I have to go with a Culligan valve right????

Any suggestion where I can find them (valve) ?????

What material do you suggest to be the best (beads) ...

Thx for your patience...

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The media might be a single media or a mixed bed like in Watersoft iron filters.
It might be that you can find some one selling a valve like yours and you could buy it and have it on the side taking up room and the chance of something happening to the spare valve that you have... but you spend how much per year?
is it worth buying another valve and then what truthfully is your time worth?
I am not saying don't get a second valve, but rather pros and cons of having the second valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks