Iron filtration system for irrigation system

Users who are viewing this thread

311hemi

Reaction score
Are there any decent solution for an iron removal system for my yard irrigation, or something that could handle both irrigation and my home system. Currently I am removing iron (3-3.6 ppm) with the softener.

I am trying to figure out ways to keep rust stains off the hard scapes.

A sandpoint well is another option that has come to mind. I live in an area that is all sand, and have the edge of a wetland on my property along with a smaller river about 900' from the house.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I use a BIRM type iron filter and run all of my irrigation water through it. Mind you, I only have soaker hoses and garden hose, not an elaborate sprinkler system.

What sort of GPM does your irrigation use?

311hemi

Reaction score
I would require at least 10-12 gmp.

One detail I left out was that I have a little tannin in my water....if that makes any difference on the setup. Just exploring options at this point.

If I went for a sandpoint, I would be hoping to be higher than that (12-15 gmp).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks