Iron filter installation

Users who are viewing this thread

verbalkint99

Reaction score
Ok, so I have been dragging my feet on installing the Iron filter I purchased a month or so ago and am finally getting around to install it. After reading posts on here I am liking the idea of using a flex hose as my plumbing abilities are novice at best. My father-in-law willing and able to help (not a pro, but has done a number of plumbing projects over the years), but it is a bit of a drive for him.

That said I was looking at these two options here. One is the John Guest push connect that will rid me of the need to solder anything, how ever I will need to find an adapter to go from either the 3/4 or 1" FIP to the Autotrol 1265 bypass valve, or the Autotrol 255 valve as I have a 3 way bypass plumbed in already.

http://falconstainless.com/product/34″-john-guest-push-to-connect-connector/

The other option had the Autotrol specific fitting on one end, but a 3/4 FIP on the other requiring me to still have to mess possibly soldering fittings.

Any advice between the two would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks