Iron breaker running drain and fill Constantly

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin peralta

Reaction score
Charger iron breaker 3, fleck 5600sxt, and down stream from that is a water softener. Well water

the iron and h2s filter has been running since recharge last night , sounds like it’s filling constantly. No water pressure in the house at all. if I put the machine in bypass and water pressure returns.

thoughts, not really sure where to start with this one.

thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Power cycle the 5600SXT. I have not known the 5600SXT to hang up, but I have seen another valve do so. Super easy to try that, even tho it is unlikely to be the fix.

Assuming that does not get things going, something is keeping the cycle from completing. Drive motor could have failed if things are in a steady situation. Controller board could have died. The piston could be stuck. Probably other things could have failed.

Bannerman

Reaction score
A worn, torn or swollen seal can cause the piston to bind when sliding from one position to the next. Rebuilding the valve with new seals and spacers, and possibly a new piston is the usual fix.

Although the video below does not apply specifically to the 5600SXT filter version, the rebuild procedure is very similar. As some valve parts are unique to the SXT Back washing filter valve, ensure to obtain parts for that valve version.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks