intertherm nordyne model feh-017ha-04

Users who are viewing this thread

Lokii

Reaction score
I have a intertherm nordyne model feh-017ha-04. To give you a little background and knowledge of my capabilities I have over 20 years of experience with aircraft electrical/electronic systems. I am the type of guy who will fix whatever is in my power to do so myself. On this HVAC unit I have already replace the outside unit blower fan and cap and the inside blower. The outside was 2 years ago, the inside was at the start of this summer. Now to today's issue. This morning I woke up to no heat. It has been working for the last week. I did some investigation and found that the coils were coming on and starting to heat but the fan wasn't kicking in and the coils were cutting off in just a few seconds. I tried resetting the circuit breakers and disconnecting the power inside the unit. I was able to get the blower to come on by turning the fan switch to on or with the a/c. I decided to pull it apart so I disconnected everything, pulled the blower assembly out and had a look at the coils and the electrical section. I connected the blower power with it outside of the system and tried it again. It seemed to work at this point so I put it all back together and it is now working. I am smart enough to know that I am not done with this. I am sure that something was up with whatever controls either the blower or the heat as a whole. Any ideas would be appreciated as I know I will have to revisit this soon. I am very sure I will be replacing the whole system in the next year with everything going on with it, but I am not quite where I can afford that yet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds, conceptually at least, that there's probably a sticky relay that turns the blower on. I'd follow the path from the thermostat calling for heat, and trace it to where it tries to turn on the fan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks