Internal Pipe Corrosion near boiler fill valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

wyro

Reaction score
I was trying to purge the air out of my boiler and noticed that the fill valve was working really slow even with the valve turned on. I went to replace it and found the real reason.

Any idea what would cause this???

I've cleaned from the one way valve to the ball valve and no solution... I guess I'll have to keep going on the other side of the valve but i didn't want to drain the boiler in February.

Attachments

• IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 233

wyro

Reaction score
It's not hard but it did used to be brown fairly often prior to them replacing the water mains last summer.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why is non-galvanized steel pipe being used there? That stuff will rust out almost immediately.

wyro

Reaction score
That's the was PSE&G (Local Utility) installed it... It's only 4 years old! I'll replace with Gavanized when i change it.

wyro

Reaction score
I've already had to change the water circulating pump and now the fill valve. Maybe i should test the hardness of the water here. Soap foams fine so I never worried about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks