Intermittent low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

schmmd01

Reaction score
I have two identical faucets in my master bathroom that are both plumbed with PEX homerunned to the PEX manifold. Sometimes I'll turn them on and get just a trickle of water coming out while other times i'll get full flow. I've yet to find a rhyme or reason to when I get the low pressure but it will do it even if nothing else in the house is running. What could be the problem, where should I start?

Reach4

Reaction score
When one has low flow, leave that on and turn on the other. What happens?

Is there a difference between hot and cold flow in those low-flow conditions?

schmmd01

Reaction score
When one has low flow, leave that on and turn on the other. What happens?

Is there a difference between hot and cold flow in those low-flow conditions?

they both have intermittent low pressure. If one is low so is the other one, if one is normal so is the other one. It happens both hot and cold. I have the same faucets in my other bathrooms and i've not noticed the problem with them.

Reach4

Reaction score
That would imply that the problem is before the water heater, I would think. Does the problem also occur in the kitchen at the same time?

Does that bathroom have its own water heater?

schmmd01

Reaction score
That would imply that the problem is before the water heater, I would think. Does the problem also occur in the kitchen at the same time?

Does that bathroom have its own water heater?

the problem is only at those two faucets. the rest of the house is fine. It acts like a restriction but it comes and goes.

Reach4

Reaction score
the problem is only at those two faucets. the rest of the house is fine. It acts like a restriction but it comes and goes.
It comes and goes synchronously between the two faucets, and applies equally to hot and cold. Highly weird.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks