Intermittent dripping in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The plumber may have applied some silicon plumber's grease to the cartridge prior to installation. Sometimes, they come with some on them, sometimes, they don't. That can make a huge difference. A small tub of the stuff is cheap and will last a very long time for most homeowners.

MichaelFL

Reaction score
Yes, the plumber did apply silicone grease to the valve - just like I did with the one I installed. The part comes with the grease and instructions as to how to apply it.

Pamela B Hayes

Reaction score
Michael, I have the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy. We demoed our bathroom so all plumbing is new including a Moen positemp valve purchased from a plumbing supply house. We've had this problem from the beginning. Are you still drip free after replacing the valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks