Intermittent Delta shower leak, RP46463

Users who are viewing this thread

Don1876

Reaction score
My new-ish 17 series Delta shower (cartridge RP46463) has had a strange leak 5 times since it was installed in about 2014. The shower always shuts off just fine, but for some odd reason it can start dripping after long periods of time working perfectly. Each time, the drip is stopped by simply turning the shower on and then off again. I contacted Delta, and they suggested that when my irrigation system comes on, it may lower the pressure in my system and sometimes initiate the leak. They said the seats and springs need some water pressure to assure a tight seal against the cartridge, and if the pressure drops too much they can leak. They suggested getting a plumber and installing check valves in my system to prevent the pressure drop.

Does this sound reasonable to you knowledgeable folks?

Thanks, Don

delta-rp46463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks