interminent pressure problems

Users who are viewing this thread

iluvatar

Reaction score
I am hoping someone has an explanation as to why sometimes my pump will cycle correctly and shut off, but sometimes it won't. I know that this could be caused by the water level falling in the well itself, but I have to tell you, I live in the rainforest of Alaska where we get over 100" of rain a year! Also, we have lived in this house for 6 years and only started having this problem when we replaced the pump, pressure tank (captive air) and water heater (went from a boiler to an electric HW heater).
Right now we have the cutoff set at 20, but sometimes it can't even reach that, It was about 38 before we replaced everything. The pump and tank were replaced with identical items.

Thanks

iluvatar

Reaction score
On a deep well installation the jet is actually in the well, correct? So to fix this problem we would have to pull it out of the well casing?

Thanks again

iluvatar

Reaction score
Welllll....our problem is that, unknown to us, the well (unmarked when we bought the house) was where the edge of the driveway used to be. We expanded the driveway and the well head is now under about 3' of gravel somewhere in the driveway. Talking to the former owner, who BTW, is our neighbor, it is 200' deep, the jet is at 70' and the static level is 40'.
I think we are just going to have to live with it for now - we are on an island and there is no well person in our town (we would have to pay to have hime fly over). Such is life in SE Alaska! No body gets too excited about well testing or septic testing when you buy like they do in the lower 48.
Unless, of course, someone has some way to fix it with out digging up the driveway.

Thanks all!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The jet assembly will have to come out. Then put a wishing well or something over the well head. Pumps are going to need to be worked on at some time or another. A well head should never be buried and hidden, because you are only hiding it from yourself. And after a little time goes by, you forget where you hid it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks