Interchangeable with Delta Parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Left_behind

Reaction score
hey guys,
we are having a new mobile home built. they've changed from Delta to "Ultra Brand" plumbing fixtures.
I'm so against any "Knock Offs", but I've been out of the industry a while and thought I'd ask. I've asked the builder to install Delta or Moen, but they refused. they will not install any plumbing fixture I can drop ship to their factory!! Grrrr!

it **Appears** that Ultra is a direct knock off of Delta. anyone know if the parts are interchangeable?
my plan is to remove all tub/shower valves and roman tub fillers before we move in. the rest of the fixtures are easy enough to trash when they die.

comments?
thx,
Left_Behind

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
never heard of them. roman tub valves and shower valves are not easy to change at move in that's a false statement

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
LMGTFY, ok, non-warranted nor customer service via their website, what less could you ask for.
Certainly a "C" level packager.
One of their "sponsored" listings says limited lifetime warranty. Good luck. Why in the world buy anything remotely not name brand?

Left_behind

Reaction score
kinda what I thought!
my plan is:
1) set house in and pass inspection
2) after passing installation inspection , commence "Remodel" and have all the PEX removed, and have tub filler, tub/shower valve, and shower valve replaced with Moen or Delta.

What kills me is I can do this myself, but I'm retired and this project will be happening 250 miles away so I have to "Have It Done"... Ugh! I'm against PEX. they use PEX type B ta boot! they don't even use Uponor! i have friends who've had rodents chew the PEX, and other fellow plumbers and my supplier rule against PEX, so being old school, Type L hard for this ol' dawg!! WOOF!

@Jeff H Young : the comment was that I would have the shower valve(s) & tub filler upgraded and yanked out **Before** i move in!

Bluesbaz

Reaction score
kinda what I thought!
my plan is:
1) set house in and pass inspection
2) after passing installation inspection , commence "Remodel" and have all the PEX removed, and have tub filler, tub/shower valve, and shower valve replaced with Moen or Delta.

What kills me is I can do this myself, but I'm retired and this project will be happening 250 miles away so I have to "Have It Done"... Ugh! I'm against PEX. they use PEX type B ta boot! they don't even use Uponor! i have friends who've had rodents chew the PEX, and other fellow plumbers and my supplier rule against PEX, so being old school, Type L hard for this ol' dawg!! WOOF!

@Jeff H Young : the comment was that I would have the shower valve(s) & tub filler upgraded and yanked out **Before** i move in!
Certainly sounds like a big job... I agree with the notion that copper is the superior choice. Although, If rodents can get to your plumbing you may want to deal with that first.

Left_behind

Reaction score
Certainly sounds like a big job... I agree with the notion that copper is the superior choice. Although, If rodents can get to your plumbing you may want to deal with that first.
most definitely!
I've seen other coaches with signs of varmint issues, EG traps, steel wool, etc.
that being said, all potential inlets shall be sealed upon construction at the factory. the foundation will be 100% concrete groundset!

it's gonna be built on a concrete tomb! crawl access will be of the interior type!

call it an elegant prison cell, but I'm gonna be the 3rd li'l piggy with brick chythouse!!! LOL!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Perhaps another coach builder , might do custom upgrades at reasonable prices to get what you want. kinda hate to tear apart a new coach

Left_behind

Reaction score
Perhaps another coach builder , might do custom upgrades at reasonable prices to get what you want. kinda hate to tear apart a new coach
we've gone that route which caused us to finally land on this particular brand.
the rep is *Outstanding*, and isn't a "used car sales type person", and very knowledgeable. we are committed as we have signed on the dotted line!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks