Insulating behind Geberit in wall toilet tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kurt Kiley

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering a Geberit wall mounted toilet system, and it happens to be on an outside wall. I live in northern NJ. If anyone has mounted one of these on an outside wall, how much foam board insulation did you use and did it prevent freeze up ?

Thanks,

Kurt

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
geberit_in_wall_tank_01.jpg

I would be interested in that too. It seems too easy to freeze on an outside wall, They tend to take up all the wall space. I don't know where the insulation would go.

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
I would be interested in that too. It seems too easy to freeze on an outside wall, They tend to take up all the wall space. I don't know where the insulation would go.

Bumping an old thread:

I'm planning a master bath renovation in Florida, where freeze is not a concern. I'm also considering installing a wall mounted toilet on an outside wall. The house is constructed of concrete block. As originally constructed, there are simply furring strips between the block and the drywall.

As part of the renovation, I will do away with the furring strips and frame a traditional 2x4 interior wall. This newly framed wall will be 1/4" to 1/2" away from the block.

Given that freeze is not an issue, is there any reason to avoid using a wall mounted toilet carrier in an installation similar to what I've describe above?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Given that freeze is not an issue, is there any reason to avoid using a wall mounted toilet carrier in an installation similar to what I've describe above?

Florida..........As long as you can plumb the 3" waste line and run the vent, you should be fine. The carrier does need to be secure as it's holding a lot of weight during use. I'm not saying you're a lot of weight, but you do have to make is solid.

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
Florida..........As long as you can plumb the 3" waste line and run the vent, you should be fine. The carrier does need to be secure as it's holding a lot of weight during use. I'm not saying you're a lot of weight, but you do have to make is solid.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I can frame the new wall to ensure it's robust enough to handle the weight. I'll have to break the slab to reposition the 3" waste line, but that isn't insurmountable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks