Instant Hot Water from Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

phxphun

Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I'd like to install an instant hot water dispenser under the kitchen sink that dispenses hot water through my standard kitchen faucet. I'm wondering if the hot water line could be switched between the regular house hot water supply and the hot water dispenser when needed through a valve under the sink being actuated by an air switch.

Does this seem at all feasible?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No, this doesn't work.
And installing water that comes out at 190 plus out of a standard faucet is nuts.
What if some unknowing person scalds themself?
But for starters, you would have to invent a way to do the installation. The control for the instant hot is in the tap that they provide.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;Why don't you look into a recirculating system?

He wants 190 degree water from the faucet. NO, it will not work because the heaters are 'open' tanks so they do not need a T&P valve. The faucet sends water into the tank and it comesout hot up to the spout , and a regular faucet cannot be adapted to do that

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks