Installing water pressure gauge on 3/4" PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin121

Reaction score
I am planning to install 2 water pressure gauges for a whole house water filter system I am putting in. My supply line is 3/4" PEX and the only pressure gauges I can find are 1/4" NPT (link below) fittings. What adapter(s) do I need to connect the pressure gauge to a 3/4 " tee that is plumbed inline? I would like to avoid Sharkbite fittings if possible. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T1YGJYG/

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Brass fittings are made. You'll need a 1/4" NPT to 1/2" NPT adapter. Use a 3/4 x 1/2 x 3/4 tee.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-MIP-x-1-4-in-FIP-Brass-Bushing-Fitting-802639/207176802
brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-802639-64_145.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score

Kevin121

Reaction score
Dumb question but I'm not finding 3/4" PEX by 1/2" NPT by 3/4" PEX tees. Can anyone share a link of where I can find one, or do I need another adapter go to from NPT to PEX for the 1/2" fitting?

Reach4

Reaction score
or do I need another adapter go to from NPT to PEX for the 1/2" fitting?
Since you can get a 3/4 to 1/4 FIP bushing, you can mount the gauge to the 3/4 FIP easily.

You can also get 4 inch gauges for easier reading, but that is probably overkill.

Another option is to install boiler drain valves, and you can mount a garden hose thread pressure gauge when you want to take a pressure reading. This lets you sample the water at that port.

Last edited:

Kevin121

Reaction score
Ok another dumb question - I bought a 3/4" to 1/4" brass bushing for the 1/4" pressure gauge. The gauge only screws in about half way by hand before it stops turning. Should I be tightening this down more with wrenches or will this be ok with Teflon tape applied?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
On bigger sizes (1/2", 3/4"), it's hand tight plus 1-2 turns with wrenches. Not sure about 1/4", but hand tight isn't enough.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks