Installing Utility Sink sharing drain pipe on adjacent wall

Users who are viewing this thread

John Brosnan

Reaction score
Hey folks I have a 20 year old home (was built to code here in NC) that has white plastic pipes. I guess the water lines are CPVC and the drain pipes might be the same or PVC. I want to put a utility sink in the laundry room adjacent to the hall bathroom. The wall behind the bathroom sink will be where the new utility sink will fit. I have not cut into the wall yet in the laundry room but do have a picture from under the sink. If I tie into the drainage pipe above or below the other T from bathroom sink will I need a separate vent pipe? I looked for a double Y at Lowes but they didn't have them. I am pretty sure the drain pipe also vents all the way to the attic above the second floor. (I think the A/C condensation line goes into the same pipe, up in the attic). I am no plumber but I have done some soldering w copper and I installed my new gas water heater and have used the shark bite fixtures too. I want to make the job as easy as possible. What would you recommend for tying into the water lines too? Thanks,

John

Attachments

• Sink Pic.jpg
    Sink Pic.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 850

John Brosnan

Reaction score
Disregard my first post. Got those questions answered. Here are pics of the area I have to tap into. Do t worry I am moving forward but have one question about the distance from the sink drain to the P trap. Based on what I have to work with it is going to be about 14.5" from drain to bottom of P trap. Is this going to be a problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_6722.JPG
    IMG_6722.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_6721.JPG
    IMG_6721.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 909
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks