Installing Toto Aquia into Cement/Tile

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Cam Lindhold, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Cam Lindhold

Cam Lindhold New Member

I have a small basement space and need to replace a toilet (<12" rough in at the tank / 7.5" at the base) and I think the Toto Aquia 10" offers the best fix. The existing platform is concrete, but isn't quite big enough to accommodate the mounting blocks. Based on my measurements I believe I would need to tile up to the concrete and get everything level, and then put 1/2 the mounting block on concrete and 1/2 on tile. We're using porcelain tile. Is this the right way to approach the issue?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

The best way will be to break concrete and put in a 12 inch rough flange.

It is possible that after you excavate some, you could fit 889-GPOM Sioux Chief offset flange that gives 1.5 inches offset, into a pipe that you find.
    [​IMG]

However once you are breaking into the concrete, you can make it as you wish it were.

You may want to insulate that wall with good foam insulation. That will cause you to want to move that flange even more.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement