Installing toilet flange on concrete slab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jrland

Reaction score
Hello. Hoping for some info. I have 4" PVC protruding through concrete slab on grade. I am going to install the toilet flange and set a toilet. A couple of conditions exist and I thought I would check on my steps for the job. First, the construction on this house has me strapped for cash but I have to get through the final inspections. What that info means is that I won't be putting in any finished flooring for a while. The concrete was poured very poorly and there are extreme variations in the elevations in short distances. My thought is to level the footprint of the toilet while raising the base at least a 1/4" to compensate for future tile flooring. Then to cut the 4" pvc and install the flange on top of the new base. Sound like a good plan? picture follows. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• rough plumbing for toilet flange.jpg
    rough plumbing for toilet flange.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,762

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you saying that you'll be installing the toilet without a finished floor? Is this a new home or an addition? For a new home a Certificate of Occupancy you'll need at least one bathroom completed. Flooring is not an issue for an inspection but if you are mortgaging the home or this expansion on a loan, the mortgage company usually wants finished floors unless it is a basement. A new mortgage they may send out an their own house inspector.

FYI, 3" pipe for the toilet would have been all that is needed. Use a self leveling concrete first to level the floor instead of relying on thinset and tile. After the level, place bottom of the flange flush the the concrete. For the future tiling top of the flange would be about flush to the tiled floor. That would be OK. If it is too deep flange extensions can be bought.

Jrland

Reaction score
Yep, I discovered that I could use extension rings so it's gonna work out ok. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks