Installing new Mediterranean Bronze trim for Moen Posi-Temp

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Installing new Mediterranean Bronze trim for Moen Posi-Temp to replace the old chrome fixtures.
The first thing I did was to remove the old chrome trim and toss it out the window. Hit a dog running by and it yelped, so then someone poked their head in and asked what's up? Nothin! I'm just saying that to be social. Next time, maybe I should just reuse the new boxes to put the old junk in.
Whatever!

posi-bronze-1.jpg

Someone did a really bad job cutting this tile out. I was barely able to cover the hole with the new plate.

posi-bronze-2.jpg

First I slide the slider thingy on.

posi-bronze-3.jpg

Then the plate and the temperature stop.

posi-bronze-5.jpg

This thing holds the handle, behind it.

posi-bronze-6.jpg

The handle finished it, and then some clear caulking. It dries clear at least.

posi-bronze-7.jpg

New shower head and arm. Little trick. Don't tell the plumbers I told you though.
Thread on the shower head to the arm to start. Doesn't need to be tight at this point, it's just for leverage.
Tape and dope the threads that go in the wall, after you've slid on the eschutcheon of course. Taking the shower head in your hand, thread and wind it in until it's getting kinda snug and you can guess when the last rotation is going to be so that's it's pointing down, like it should be if you want water on you and not the ceiling.
Next you can, if you haven't already, tape the threads at the end for the shower head and thread on the head. A wrench with smooth jaws is good for this. Cresent makes some good ones.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks