Installing Moen Roman style Kitchen Faucet w/ sprayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was recently asked to install a Roman style kitchen faucet with sprayer. It was a showroom faucet, so there's no box with instructions. I'm used to one piece faucets, so when I was handed separate parts for hot, cold, spout, and sprayer I panicked and said I'd get back to them.

Help!

Eric

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, a faucet will come with some kind of tubing and fittings which join the hot and cold valves to the spout, and also a fitting where the hose for the spray goes. Are you sure this is a kitchen faucet? I have only heard the term "Roman" applied to tub faucets.

Whatever, if you are missing the connecting pieces, there is no substitute. You will have to get parts from Moen.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
My advice is that you should pass up this job...better to be a little cautious than to be in over your head. The last thing you want is to flood these folks' kitchen while they and you are sleeping.

Sometimes its best to just walk away from a job before you regret it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Showroom faucets are often mounted on the display board without installing the connecting pieces between the parts. A three piece kitchen faucet is unusual, but not unheard of. Without the proper pieces from the manufacturer, you may not be able to install it, period.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, I went to the showroom where the guy had bought the faucet and was told that it was actually a faucet for a bathroom or hot tub--and not a kitchen. The salesman said you are supposed to sweat on all the connecting tubes and "customize" it for the customer. Apparently noone else wanted to mess with it, because the salesman also said the guy had exchanged it for a regular one-piece kitchen faucet.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
In this little town (Silver City, NM), EVERYONE confused it with a kitchen sink faucet! :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks