Installing Kohler Rite-Temp Bath & Shower Valve K304 + Mastershower 2 or 3-way Transfer Valve K728

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Medina

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the place to find a solution to my question. I found this forum via search and it looks like members of this forum really know what they're talking about. Thank you for approving my request to join!

I'm trying to install a Kohler Rite-Temp Bath & Shower Valve K304 + Mastershower 2 or 3-way Transfer Valve K728 to control a wand. The shower valve is pretty straight forward (although I do have a question about the threads and weather or not I can/should solder those fittings or just use tape and tighten), hot in one side, cold in another, bottom for tub, and top for shower head.

My problem is the transfer valve. It's a 2- or 3-way valve which should allow me to either turn on the shower head or wand but not both. I assume this is 2-way. I'm looking to control either the shower head, or wand by themselves or both at the same time. I assume this is 3-way.

I have all the instructions that came with both valves but there's no diagram for using both valves at the same time. There's a 3/4" inlet and what looks like three slots for accessories on the transfer valve. Does anyone either know how to do this or can point me in the right direction to find a diagram that will show me how to run the pipe for this combination?

Scott Medina

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the place to find a solution to my question. I found this forum via search and it looks like members of this forum really know what they're talking about. Thank you for approving my request to join!

I'm trying to install a Kohler Rite-Temp Bath & Shower Valve K304 + Mastershower 2 or 3-way Transfer Valve K728 to control a wand. The shower valve is pretty straight forward (although I do have a question about the threads and weather or not I can/should solder those fittings or just use tape and tighten), hot in one side, cold in another, bottom for tub, and top for shower head.

My problem is the transfer valve. It's a 2- or 3-way valve which should allow me to either turn on the shower head or wand but not both. I assume this is 2-way. I'm looking to control either the shower head, or wand by themselves or both at the same time. I assume this is 3-way.

I have all the instructions that came with both valves but there's no diagram for using both valves at the same time. There's a 3/4" inlet and what looks like three slots for accessories on the transfer valve. Does anyone either know how to do this or can point me in the right direction to find a diagram that will show me how to run the pipe for this combination?

Scott Medina

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not find an answer to my question as of yet but I was able to find a great post about this topic on a forum. Not sure about the specific rules of this forum but I can't imagine it would be against the rules to post content from another forum information that might be helpful. If it is let me know I'll remove this post but here's a link to the other post that outlines this project in detail.

http://www.contractortalk.com/f9/shower-controls-126948/

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I snagged this off the Kohler site.
I installed one of this this year. It turned out nice. The valve has one incoming port, and three ports out. You can also plug off the third port if you only have two heads to run.

Features
• Transfers water flow to up to three separate components/outlets.
• Components/outlets can be operated individually or in any combination of two components at the same time.
• Supplied as a three-way transfer valve (360 degree handle rotation) but can be configured onsite for two-way operation (120 degree handle rotation). • Single handle operation.
• Using 1 outlet: 18 gpm flow rate at 45 psi; using 2 outlets: 20.8 gpm at 45 psi. • One 3/4" female NPT inlet connection.
• Three 1/2" female NPT outlet connections. • Requires additional valve/s to control On/Off operation and temperature (sold separately). Codes/Standards
• Requires transfer/diverter valve trim (sold separately)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks