Installing Glass Shower Door and Fixed Panel

Users who are viewing this thread

newmex999

Reaction score
I will be installing a 30" hinged shower door attached to the wall and a 30" fixed panel across a 60 inch straight shower opening. The unit is frameless, so the fixed panel sits in a u channel on the bottom and the wall.

Any tips/tricks on getting the door and fixed panel installed & lined up?

One reservation I have is that the instructions have me drilling 1 1/4" holes to anchor the u-channel to the shower curb. I am pretty sure if I drill this deep I will be piercing the rubber membrane underneath!

Also if I don't hit a stud when I mount the door hinges is it acceptable to drill and use plastic anchors with the 2" screws (I have 1/4" thick limestone 12x12 tiles mounted over 1/2" hardie board)

newmex999

Reaction score
Stump the Pros?

Did my questions stump the pros? I hope not, I know you guys can help me here.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out www.johnbridge.com. I think you'll get more exposure to tiling pros there. Lots of good plumbers, and some general contractors and electricians here, but not too many tiling pros...John Bridge's site is dedicated to tiling things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks