Installing an acrylic shower pan

Users who are viewing this thread

CRP

Reaction score
When installing an acrylic shower pan over a concrete basement floor, can I use regular masonry mortar or should it be thinset? I'm needing to build one end up more than an inch is that makes a difference.

Last edited:

PlumbNuts

SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
riverviewplumbingrepair.com
When installing an acrylic shower pan over a concrete basement floor, can I use regular masonry mortar or should it be thinset? I'm needing to build one end up more than an inch is that makes a difference.
If you use the masonary mortar you will be able to work it better to get it leveled, build up your mortar bed with more on your low end so that when you set the base you can work it into proper position.
If you used thinset it would just ooze out before it set up.

CRP

Reaction score
If you use the masonary mortar you will be able to work it better to get it leveled, build up your mortar bed with more on your low end so that when you set the base you can work it into proper position.
If you used thinset it would just ooze out before it set up.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I did put leveling shims in so that I could just work it down until I hit them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks