Installing a toilet with 12" rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidWoodward112

Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in the Drake II. I understand the standard rough in is 12." When I measured the distance from the wall to the bolts on my current toilet it's 14." Would there be a issue? I called some plumbers and all said it's fine and that there will just be a larger gap between the toilet tank and wall.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only "issue" will be the space between the tank and the wall. If you can live with that, then go for the Drake II. If this extra spacing is too much for you, then consider one for the Toto units that use the Unifit adapter. These are more expensive, but are excellent performers. Toto is the only manufacturer that has this adapter and they will only work on specific Toto models.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi, I am interested in the Drake II. I understand the standard rough in is 12." When I measured the distance from the wall to the bolts on my current toilet it's 14." Would there be a issue? I called some plumbers and all said it's fine and that there will just be a larger gap between the toilet tank and wall.

Like Gary mentioned, you have plenty of space there.
If the room is small and you want to gain some space in front of the bowl, then the option would be for a bowl that can slide back farther with a Unift.
But a 12" on a 14" works all day long. :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Vespin II is a Drake II that fits on the unifit adapter. Exact same tank. All depends upon whether that extra 2" extension into the room makes a difference for you. Terry has a good photo of a Unifit on 14" and a conventional toilet on 14" (which is equivalent to using a 12" on 14"). It tells the story well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks