Installing a Shower Panel

Users who are viewing this thread

PTJ

Reaction score
First plumbing forum post, so here goes. I'm currently remodeling a bathroom and plan on installing a shower panel (Lyria Thermostatic from SigHardware, 1/2" FIP). for the hot and cold water supply to the panel, what plumbing pipes/parts should be used? By googling, I see that drop ear elbows and 1/2" IPS piping is suggested to bring the plumbing past the tile. My concern is having full/continuous house water pressure on threaded connections behind the wall. Is this a concern?, maybe I'm just brainwashed to think all pressurized plumbing hidden behind wall/cement board is to be soldered. thx

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A properly made threaded connection is as watertight as any other method. Depending on what's on the panel, since it likely has both hot and cold connections, you can't have threaded connections on both ends, since there's no way to rotate the panel. There are some threaded connections that would work, though. The ID of the pipe is the same whether it is a threaded nipple or a soldered pipe connection. What's best for this situation would be determined by exactly how the thing was designed, and can't see that.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
See if you can find the manufactuer's website and point to the installation instructions...this would give more useful install info. Looks nice, no experience with that brand, so can't say much of anything with that regard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks