Installing a hose bib inside a room without a floor drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

jkhome

Reaction score
We have a hot tub in a small 3 season porch that is on the same slab foundation as the main house. I would like to install a hose bib water supply inside this room, to be used to fill the tub. But there is no floor drain. Would this be a code violation? Live in Virginia Beach Virginia. Thanks, John

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't know of one, but I don't study the things.

A couple of things you might want to consider:
- if this room is unheated, and could freeze, consider a frost-free silcock.
- at least a couple of companies sell those that you can plumb both hot and cold to that might be something to consider. Here is one http://www.woodfordmfg.com/woodford/Wall_Faucet_Pages/Model-22.html
- whatever you choose should have a vacuum breaker built-in

jkhome

Reaction score
Thanks. I will only have a cold water supply available, and plan on using a spare Woodford model 17 with the vacuum breaker I have already (we use these on all the outside bibs. We have had the tub in this room since 2005, and have always ran a hose to the tub from an outside bib. An ongoing remodel will allow me to install one inside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Hose bibs with vacuum breakers often dribble, and I expect you have seen that. If you install one inside, put a bucket etc under it, and maybe have a spare repair kit handy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks