Installed new kitchen sink, but no water?

Users who are viewing this thread

spencka

Reaction score
Hi!

First time poster! I just removed, and installed a new kitchen sink. The sink is a white cast iron American Standard, two basin sink. The faucet is a Kohler, single lever with a sprayer & a soap pump.

All went well until I turned the supply valves on to furnish water [ressure -but nothing.

The water supply lines H & C, come out of the wall, then into what I guess would be called a 2 way or 3 way valve. The Hot has a hand valve for the supply going up to the sink, then another which goes to the dishwasher. The cold has a H/V which supplies pressure to the facuet, then another H/V which supllies the line going to the ice maker.

This is the first time, to my knowledge that this job has been done. I believe the condo unit to be approxiamtely 20 years old.

Other than the 2way or three way valves is there anything else I should check out? I did cycle all of the hand valves 4 - 5 times, with the same result.

Any suggestions?

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
if you unscrew the aerator on the spout and turn on the faucet what happens? unhook the supply lines from the faucet and turn on the water, with the supply running into a bucket, to see if you have pressure.

Brent

hallnjcpa

Reaction score
No water from single lever faucet

Try loosening the top of the lever and moving the part underneath to the right or left. the position of this part determines which way the water comes out.... hot - righ or left, cold - right or left, or no water at all.

good luck

spencka

Reaction score
I previously removed the aerator, but still no water. Will have to wait for daylight tomorrow, to get under sink.

Thanks!
Steve

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
My guess is that the problem lies in that maze of valves. You probably just need to figure out the right "combination" to let water flow to that faucet.

taebaker

Reaction score
Been There! Done it!!

This is also my first post!! I am thrilled to have found this site.

I recently did the exact same job and had the exact same result.
When I remodeled my kitchen and installed a new sink and faucet set, I could not get any cold water. Apparently when I was wrestling with the pipes I jarred some sediment loose and it blocked the new shut-off valve. I disassebled my work (removed the shut off valve to where I had a direct 1/2 line coming out from under the cabinet), had my wife to hold a 5 gallon bucket as close as possible to the pipe, went outside turned on the water and turned it off as quick as possible. I then checked to make sure there was no sediment in the shut-off valve and cleaned out the faucet diffuser.
Problem solved!

Note* I enjoyed my wife in the wet Tee-shirt...but I don't think she did.

spencka

Reaction score
Hi Again!

I just wanted to pass along that I resolved the problem. Before removing the sink, I decided to check the hoses and their routing, ine more time. One hose coming out of the faucet, was a Quick Disconnect (QD) type. Since it was easily reachable, I decided to disconnect, then reconnect, and lo & behold - I have water!!!

Apparently, I didn't have the QD pushed in enoought to unseat the poppet, so no water.

Now all I have left is to seal the perimeter if the sink, clean up and enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Thanks for all your advice, you saved me the expens of alling in a pro, not to mention a few bucks!!

I'm sure I'll be back!

Thanks again!
Steve

Chelle72

Reaction score
Help just had pipes worked on that were not used for 10 years in basement Builder had put then in for a wet bar we ended up put them into the wall.
So cut a long story short we put a kitchenette in so we had a company work to move them into correct place and after kitchen install put new sink and no water coming into pipes.

About 8 feet away on first floor I did had laundry room sink however I had it removed and capped off could this have been connect to pipes that are in the basement ?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless we were there, there is no way we can answer your question. They COULD be connected to the basement pipes but that would NOT normally be how it was done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks