Install Questions: Water line for Toto Nearest on wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Igman

Reaction score
Looking to install a Toto Neorest 550H and the current toilet water source is floor mounted 2" inside the wall, which is an exterior wall. Is there a way to insulate the line if placed within the exterior wall? Power can be supplied if necessary. If not, has anyone installed a similar toilet with a water line that is floor mounted? Is there room to have the water line come up out of the floor near the rear of the toilet and have access to toilet inlet (clean looking install)? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
neorest-550h-shutoff-location.jpg

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....0h-ms982cumg-with-pictures.65021/#post-539152

neorest-550h-16.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Is there a way to insulate the line if placed within the exterior wall? Power can be supplied if necessary.
If you go into the wall at all, you would want the highest R value foam between your pipe and the outside. You would want to avoid any insulation between the pipe and room heat.

If you use Pex A, I think it has the highest resistance to failure if the pipe were to freeze.

But as Terry shows, you may be able to put considerable plumbing where it is hidden by the Neorest shroud, and may even be able to minimize what is the wall. It sounds as if the pipe has been in the wall for the previous install without problem.

I am not a plumber.

Igman

Reaction score
If you go into the wall at all, you would want the highest R value foam between your pipe and the outside. You would want to avoid any insulation between the pipe and room heat.

If you use Pex A, I think it has the highest resistance to failure if the pipe were to freeze.

But as Terry shows, you may be able to put considerable plumbing where it is hidden by the Neorest shroud, and may even be able to minimize what is the wall. It sounds as if the pipe has been in the wall for the previous install without problem.

I am not a plumber.
Thanks for the replies. The current supply line is in the floor. I would like to keep it there and avoid the exterior wall if at all possible. If I understand Terry's example, I may be able to move the floor supply and with a few connections get the appropriate height and position. Would you guys agree?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks